Wednesday 18 June 2014

Back at Watami again!

こんいちわ!(^o^)/

It's like half of the month already sinces my last update! I am sincerely sorry as i promised last week i would update a new blog entry on either Thursday or Friday but i didn't and broke my promise, but i will not do it again, i'm sorry from the bottom of my heart.

 I am actually still writing up on my 4days3night bintan trip which I went the other day and i believe that it is going to be a really long entry that is coming up. Unfortunately I haven finished typing it out..hope i will finish it soon !!

Instead of making my readers, you guys wait, I have decided to write up a short entry of the food i ate recently hehe! Lately, I have been dinning outside for my dinner, I bet you guys are thinking that it's unhealthy to eat outside all the time but, it's also a good thing that I get to taste other type of food instead of always eating home cooked dishes. 

So, this few days I have been going to this Japanese restaurant for two days straight when I was having my dinner outside haha, I guess I really love the food they cook over there, making me returning back for more of their delicious food! I have fall in love with the taste of the food they have make. Not only that, the price of the food are definitely reasonable, I would truly recommend you to try the dishes I am going to suggest to you guys! 
I would say that this restaurant is best when you go at night for dinner or in the morning to eat their rice for breakfast.

DAY 1 ; WATAMI CASUAL JAPANESE RESTAURANT.


Their Menu layout.



The drinks menu, there are many options to choose from, i would definitely love to try their alcohol when i grow older.


Hot green tea.


As usual ~ while waiting for my food to arrive haha. 
(( i was just off from my work, that why i was wearing all black haha ! ))


Oka-san and Watashi hehe.
(( Oka-san = Mother , Watashi = Me ))


OMG ! LIKE AFTER SO LONG ! MY TAKOYAKI HAS FINALLY ARRIVED !! YAY!!
This is my most recommend dish among all ! Their takoyaki, isn't very salty and all, like where you buy at the night market in singapore [ pasa mala? ] sorry idk how to spell HAHA, 
Anyways! back to where i left off at, i really love to eat takoyaki a lot since i was young hehe, so i would like you guys to try their takoyaki also, i feel that it is worth trying. The taste of their takoyaki is really delicious because it's really chewy, warm inside and soft. It's like paradise, i think i am exaggerating too much but OMG, IT IS LIKE SO NICE ONLY !! DO TRY !!



Look so ATTRACTIVE RIGHT ?! oh gosh, i am hungry again.



The octopus with green onions.


The Japanese red pickles i think? it doesn't taste like it at all but still very yummy. Starting to miss this dish again.


The equipment to cook Nabe !
So many of you might be wondering what's "Nabe", well...
Nabe is otherwise known as Hotpot.
It's commonly eaten during New Year for the Japanese, it has been a traditional for them. (( and i am eating it for my dinner hehe #HAPPYGIRL ))



Looks so tempting right?! i am craving for it again haha.
I am so sorry, i have forgotten the full name of this dish... Anyways,
I felt really honored to eat this dish, this is because, i finally get to experience and taste the Japanese life style that they spent on every year of their New Year.

I really love Japanese culture since child. I was first introduced to Japanese culture and influence by my brother, i feel so happy because every time i do anything related to Japanese i felt a little closer to their culture. One of my biggest dream is to travel to Japan one day and i wish to migrate there if possible.


Their soup is extremely tasting! Although inside the menu they stated it is spicy, but it isn't at all, would love to eat more of this dish! OIISHI !
(( Oiishi = Delicious ))


The extra side dish we ordered.


Close up look of the noodle.


To end off my wonderful night, i ate the green tea pudding for my dessert. It wasn't that bad, in fact i was quite surprise with the taste of the pudding, because it was as soft as the soya bean curd i usually have. This dish is truly a  unique one, would love to come back for more and try the other flavors.


Toppings with the red bean really goes well with the green tea pudding.



DAY 2 ; BACK AT WATAMI AGAIN !
.
.

To start off my day 2, selfie hehe.


I made 4 of the photo into college and left the other 2 untouch, it isn't because I particularly like the other 2 selfie I took at the restaurant but i felt that instead of spamming photos of myself I thought I should make it into a college because it also save time from uploading the photo one by one hehe☻ 


HIIE ;-)


Watcha looking at ? HAHA.


Edited version. 
What i typed above there is "Kon'nichiwa."
I'm still in process of learning how to read kanji, but i know how to type out romaji.


Takoyaki again hehe ! But this time, this takoyaki is kinda different, it has cheese inside.
It's called the Omasutri Takoyaki ( Mentai Cheese ) if i didn't remember wrongly? 

Omasutri means Festival, Takoyaki is actually eaten during culture festival in Japanese. Culture festival are set up by students in Japanese schools. Omasutri can also be festival where everyone gather to celebrate important events.
I would love to share more about the Japanese culture i know with everyone, it is truly a lovely thing being able to share all these knowledge i know on my blog, because i hope i can get others to like the things i like as well ;-)


Actually i perfer the takoyaki i had on day one, the takoyaki without the cheese as the takoyaki with cheese actually tasted more salty, not really to my taste bud. But for those who like salty food, i think you can try the takoyaki with cheese. The price differences is only $1 though.


This is also a dish made with gratin cheese and rice cake.
Hmm, the combination of this dish actually made it taste like mochi.
Mochi is a chewy food that is commonly eaten with peanuts, red bean and many more.. However, this dish is not a dessert dish, although it taste similar to mochi.


i wouldn't really say that i don't recommend this dish, but if you has a preferences for chewy food and cheese, you could try this dish. I don't really like this dish though, kinda regretted ordering it.


Just my layout while waiting for my food to arrive !


This time, we ordered a different Nabe.
This is Sukiyaki Nabe,
Sukiyaki is normally made up of beef to go with the soya sauce soup.
The dish is normally very salty, so i would suggest that you do not drink the soup, your tongue wouldn't feel nice after drinking too much as the after taste will be very salty.
I actually drank a lot of the soup which made me regretted, ordering this dish, because i couldn't handle the saltiness of this dish.
** ONLY ORDER THIS DISH, if you can HANDLE the SALTINESS ** 
HAHA.


After finishing this salty dish, of course we need some sweet dessert to heal our tongue, thus we head to Gelare for our dessert. oh my gosh, i was rushing toward Gelare because my tongue felt really horrible after having this.



Strawberry and Cookies and Cream.
I have chosen two favorite flavors of mine.


It looks so nice and yummy i know hehe, but i don't have the preferences of eating the biscuits haha, i know it like i am weird, i get that a lot:(.. i like to eat ice-cream a lot compare to eating the cones and all, all my friends always tell me that they buy ice-cream just to eat the cone but i am the opposite, i buy ice-cream just to eat the ice-cream haha, normally i would request my ice-cream in cups instead of cones or biscuits.

That pretty much sum up my 2 day dinning out dinner, thank you for reading as usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment